- Makes 1
- 90 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
A simple but tasty tea cake with apple
Ingredients (makes 1 Cake)
- 180 grams Butter, cubed at room temperature
- 3/4 cup Caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/4 cup Self raising flour
- 1/4 cup Plain flour
- 2 teaspoons Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tablespoon Caster sugar (extra)
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon (extra)
- 1 tablespoon Melted butter
- 1 Granny Smith apple peeled & thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease and line a 20 cm round cake pan with baking paper.
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla together until pale and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift flours and cinnamon together. Fold in alternately with milk in 2 batches. Spoon into pan and smooth the surface. Arrange apple slices on top of cake & sprinkle with extra cinnamon & caster sugar
- Bake for 1 hour or until skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Carefully turn out onto a wire rack.
You could add grated citrus peel & sultanas for a variation. Lovely with a cup of tea.