- Makes 9
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 5 Ingredients
Apple Danish is a delicious treat for dessert, or a morning or afternoon snack. Can be eaten just as is or serve with custard or ice cream.
Ingredients (makes 9 Danishes)
- 3 sheets puff pastry
- 6 large apples
- 2-3 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine (optional)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (optional)
- Cut and peel apples and dice up. Place in saucepan with water and caster sugar and bring to the boil. Turn down to simmer until apple is soft. Drain the apple and let cool.
- See NOTE for this step. Add butter (or margarine) and brown sugar to a fry pan. Add the apple to the pan and mix until sticky and golden.
- Cut pastry sheets in half. Cut 3 rectangles in each half (6 rectangles per 1 sheet pastry). Spoon apple into the centre of a rectangle and cover with another rectangle on top. Press all side to seal. Cut 3 holes in top, brush with milk. Sprinkle with extra caster sugar on top if desired.
- Bake in oven at 200 degrees for about 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
This can be sweet, step 2 is optional. If you do not wish for this step, just keep apple simmering in the water for a little longer until it is very soft.