- Serves 6
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
A quick easy apple dessert that looks pretty too.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2 frozen puff pastry sheets
- 3 small red apples, core removed, skin on
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1 tbsp warm water
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon powder
- 1 handful of almond flakes
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Grease a 6-hole muffin tray and set aside. Take frozen puff pastry sheets out and cut each sheet into 3 long stripes. Slice apple thinly and put in a bowl of cold water mixed with lemon juice.
- Zest the lemon. Mix it with apricot jam, chia seeds and warm water in a small bowl. Spoon the mixture to the center of each pastry.
- Overlay apple slices and show 1/3 of the apple (skin side up) over the edge of pastry. Sprinkle cinnamon over apple, followed by spreading almond flakes evenly.
- Fold pastry in half length-wise, roll pastry up like a rosette. Place each rosette to the greased muffin hole - you should have a total of 6. Leave in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven at 200C. Bake apple puff for about 12-15 minutes or till it's golden. Remove them from muffin tray and let cool on cake rack. Decorate apple puff with icing sugar before serving them with a nice cup of tea.
What isn't there to like about a puff pastry filled with almond, apple and apricot with a hint of cinnamon and crunchy chia seeds? You can double the quantity to take with you to a party.