- Serves 8
- 70 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
Just add tea leaf in apple cake. The combination of apple and tea is very nice.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 2 Apples
- 150g self-raising flour, sifted
- 1tsp baking powder
- 80g caster sugar
- 70g vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, room temparature
- 3tbsp milk
- 1 black tea bag
- Peel and diced an apple, and slice another apple. (one is for mix with other ingredients, and another one which with skin is for topping)
- Preheat oven to 170c. Line the baking paper in a loaf pan.
- Whisk the eggs and mix with sugar. Add oil and milk, and stir until well combined.
- Add flour, baking powder and tea leaf, and stir until just combined.
- Add diced apple to the mixture, stir until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, place sliced apple on the top
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
You can use any tea bag or tea leaf such as black tea, darjeering tea, or earl grey tea.