- Makes 20
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 4 Ingredients
A sweet little snack that requires no added sugar, and is great in lunch boxes or at afternoon tea time.
Ingredients (makes 20 individual balls)
- 1 cup juicy dried apricots, diced
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut + extra for rolling
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 3-4 tbsp orange juice
- Put all the ingredients into your blender, and blend until throughly combined. Some chunks are perfectly fine, and can improve the texture. But if you want yours perfectly pureed you may have to stick at it for a little longer.
- Cover a chopping board with the extra dessicated coconut, then remove spoonfuls of the mixture and roll them into balls. Roll them around the chopping board gently until they have been covered in coconut.
- Put into an airtight container and chill, if you want them more solid, or enjoy right away.
I made these an al alternative to the recipes that normally pad out the balls with biscuits and sweetened condensed milk, and both children and adults alike loved them. This recipe is also on my blog, ineedafeed.wordpress.com