- Makes 24
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
Easy party food, or make them bigger to have as a side.
Ingredients (makes 24 small balls)
- 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 10 grams butter
- 1 small onion ,chopped fine
- 1cup aborio rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tabelspoon crushed dried oregano
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, whisked
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- oil for deep frying
- Aioli to serve
- Heat butter and oil in pan and add onion. cook for 5 minutes,or until softened.
- Add rice,stir well to coat and cook for a couple of mins.
- Gradually add 1/2 cup of the stock and stir until absorbed. Continue adding stock until creamy and rice is just tender.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in oregano and cheese.. Cool for 5 mins. then stir through egg.
- Chill for 30 mins. With wet hands ,roll heaped teaspoons of the mixture into balls and place on a paper lined baking tray.
- Place breadcrumbs into a bowl , toss the arancini to coat thoroughly in crumbs.
- Heat oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Deep fry balls until golden. Drain on paper towel, serve with aioli.
A tasty little morsel to serve for a party or if you make the balls bigger they can be used as a side for dinner. Sometimes i push a cube of mozzarella cheese into the middle of a larger ball for a tasty gooey centre.