- Serves 4
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
A simple chicken noodle soup full of flavour, that is child friendly!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 Large Chicken breast
- 1 Large Spring onion thinly sliced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp Ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tsp Brown sugar
- 1 packet Thin Hokkien Noodles
- 1 Carrot thinly sliced
- Aisan greens of your choice
Notes... The cooking time for the chicken will vary depending on the size of the chicken.
- In a large cooking pot add coconut oil, ginger and garlic. Stir together, then add spring onion and carrots. Add 2 cups of chicken stock. Place the chicken breast in, cover and let simmer on med to low heat until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and slice. Mix the remaining 2 cups of chicken stock with the soy sauce and brown sugar. Add to the pot with the 2 cups of water. Bring to the boil and add your Asian greens until wilted, (I used broccolini flowerets as my kids like it.) about 5 mins. While the soup is boiling, place the noodles in a heat proof bowl and cover with boiling water and lid/foil for 3-5 mins to soften.
- Drain noodles. Dish noodles into a bowl. Top with sliced chicken and ladle over the soup with the vegetables.
Recipe Asian chicken noodle soup
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.