A yummy fishy dish great for a big family meal any day of the week!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 x 180-200g Atlantic Salmon Steaks
- 2 cups Peas
- 800g New potatoes, cut in halves
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Handful Parsley, chopped roughly
- 2 Rashers Bacon, chopped into 1cm wide slices
- 1 Desert Spoon Wholegrain Mustard
- 2 Spring Onions, sliced finely
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 °C, boil a pot of salted water for the potatoes and have a pot of water ready to steam the peas.
- Cook the salmon in a roasting tray with a knob of butter and a drizzle of honey on top for aprox 12-15 minutes depending on size of steaks. I sometimes wrap it in tin foil and remove the foil for the final 3/4 minutes to crisp up.
- With 5 mins to go boil the potatoes and after 3 minutes steam the peas.
- Lightly fry the onions and bacon in olive oil, once crisp add the parsley and stir in the mustard.
- Drain and serve the potatoes and peas on a large platter, place the salmon and top and drizzle with the onion and mustard sauce.
This recipe also works really well served with salad instead of peas!