This Avocado + Fennel Green Salad is the perfect spring/summer salad.
Serve this salad as a side with any protein, and you’ll have a delicious meal ready to go.
The combination of creamy avocado and crisp, fresh fennel, is topped with Paul Newman’s Own Classic Dressing, creating a beautiful balance of flavours.
Paul Newman’s Own makes great tasting products using high quality ingredients. Sporting new look packaging, Paul Newman’s Own products are manufactured in Australia, and 2023 marks the 40th anniversary of the product being sold in Australia.
What we love about Paul Newman’s Own is that they make Radically Good Food and Do Radically Good by giving away 100% of their Profits.
The Newman’s Own Foundation nourishes and transforms the lives of children who face adversity, with 100% of Profits used to Help Kids. This year they are helping Aussie kids who face serious illness experience the fun and freedom of camp.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 small fennel
- 2 bunches asparagus, wooden end (about the last 3cm) chopped off
- 1 large avocado sliced into wedges
- ¼ cup pistachios roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill leaves
- ¼ cup Paul Newman’s Classic Dressing
- 1 pinch flaky sea salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Finely slice the fennel on a mandolin (or finely sliced with a chef's knife) and shred the asparagus by peeling strips of each stalk with a vegetable peeler.
- Fill a large mixing bowl with water and place in about 1 cup of ice cubes. Allow to melt slightly then add in the fennel and asparagus. Allow them to sit for a few minutes while you toast the pistachios. Note: Putting the veggies into this ice bath will help them stay perky and crisp. This trick will help the veggies stay crisp for hours, so you can prepare your vegetables in advance for your Christmas lunch.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add in the chopped pistachios and toast for 3-4 minutes, tossing regularly, until lightly golden.
- Place the fennel and asparagus onto a large serving platter. Place in the avocado wedges. Sprinkle over the pistachios and then drizzle the Paul Newman's Own Classic Dressing over the lot, seasoning with a pinch of salt and pepper. Serve garnished with dill sprigs.