To celebrate the start of the Chinese calendar year, AYAM™ brings us mouth watering BBQ Marinated Calamari; a delicious inclusion in any Lunar New Year celebration.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 400g calamari tubes
- 2 tbsp. AYAM™ Oyster Sauce
- 2 tbsp. AYAM™ Plum Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp grated lemon rind
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- Open out calamari tubes, lay flat. Make shallow cuts into the inside of the tubes. Cut into small squares.
- Combine in a bowl with oyster sauce, plum sauce, garlic, and lemon rind. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a barbecue plate to high. Heat oil, add capsicum and onion, stir-fry until tender, transfer to a bowl.
- Add calamari mixture to plate or pan, stir-fry for a few seconds until it just changes colour. Add to capsicum and onion, toss to coat.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of coriander and enjoy!
From prawns to fish, Chinese people believe eating seafood during the Lunar New Year brings good luck and longevity, with fish as a sign of prosperity and prawns believed to bring happiness and laughter. AYAM™’s extensive range of products provide the perfect addition for delicious no-fuss and family-friendly dishes at your Lunar New Year celebrations, sure to make any cook, the talk of the table. For more information and AYAM™ cooking inspiration, head to www.ayam.com.