- Serves 8
- Makes 8
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
A complete indulgence for those with a sweet, sweet tooth! We’re in love with velvety texture of the cream and caramel offset by the crunch of the coconut and almonds.
Ingredients (serves 8 | makes 8 Mini Barnoffi Pies)
- 6 - 7 Marie or Nice Biscuits
- 6 - 7 Butternut or Gingernut Biscuits
- 1 tin Nestle Top 'n' Fill Caramel or 1 tin Condensed Milk boiled to make caramel
- 4 bananas
- 400ml Double Cream
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut, lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup Slivered Almonds, lightly toasted
- Combine all biscuits in a food processor and process until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. If you don't have a food processor, crush the biscuits in a mortar and pestle or place them inside a ziplock back and crush with a rolling pin. Spoon approximately 2 tablespoons of the biscuit crumbs into 8 small jam jars, ramekins or glass dessert bowls.
- Carefully drop a tablespoon of double cream on top of the biscuit crumb base and then add a layer of sliced banana.
- Carefully drop 2 tablespoons of caramel on top of the banana and tap the jam jar gently on the bench to settle the ingredients.
- Depending on how much banana you like, you could add another layer of banana at this stage otherwise drop another tablespoon of double cream on top of that followed by another tablespoon of caramel.
- Top with the final dollop of cream and then sprinkle with the toasted coconut and almonds. We popped a tiny little mint leaf on top and served with small silver spoons.