- Serves 4
- 10 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
Try the secret ingredient in the salad dressing that kids and adults alike would enjoy.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 head of baby cos lettuce, washed, dried, and cut into bite size
- 1 punnet of mini Roma tomatoes cut in halves
- 2 slices of pineapple in natural juice, cut in small cubes
- 75g tasty cheese cut into small cubes
- 1 avocado cut into small cubes
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp pomegranate molasses
- salt & pepper
- Carefully wash lettuce and spin dry in a salad spinner (if you don't have one, just pat dry with tea towel). Cut baby cos lettuce into bite size and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the lettuce. Prepare salad dressing: Add oil, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, salt and pepper into a small screw-top jar, shake to combine.
- Pour salad dressing over salad, and mix it with large spoons gently, transfer to a salad bowl, have it with the main meal, or on its own as a light dish.
A basic salad recipe that you can add any other ingredients you like to turn it into a super salad. If you have left-over BBQ chicken, tear it into small pieces to put on top of the salad. Add some pan-fried pine nuts or walnuts to have that nutty flavour too.