- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
- 2 teaspoons olive or sunflower oil
- 1/2 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, peeled, coarsely grated
- 100g lean beef or pork mince
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1/3 (80ml) salt reduced chicken or beef stock
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan over medium-low heat. Add the onion, garlic and celery and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until the onion softens. Add the carrot and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Add the mince and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 5 minutes or until the mince changes colour. Add the tomato and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Spoon the mince mixture into the jug of a blender and blend until almost smooth. Serve warm.
Tip: When your baby gets to 9-12 months, stop pureeing the mixture and serve as mince.