- Serves 6
- 50 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
This bacon and egg bake is a quick and easy breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 250 grams Bacon
- 2 roughly chopped (I did 8 pieces) tomatoes - alternatively a punnet of cherry tomatoes halved or quartered
- To taste milk (see notes for more information)
- To taste Cream (see notes for more information)
- season to taste Pepper
- season to taste paprika mild (see notes for more information)
- 6-8 Eggs
- To desired taste Cheese (see notes for more information)
Notes... This is a recipe you can make anyway you want. I have made the same recipe into muffins, which I will get around to adding a recipe for, but I added the same as above, except added jalapenos and spring onion. Add to taste - If you want it more eggy, don't add much milk or cream, if you want it to go far, add more cream and milk. You don't even have to add cream, it just gives it a little extra fluffy texture. You don't have to even add cheese into this recipe. I do recommend it being grated though. Season to taste - There is no set limit, you can remove or add other things, also avoid salty seasonings as the bacon takes care of that.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Find a casserole, or even a square cake tin dish. Grease tin and set aside.
- Roughly chop bacon into 1-2cm pieces, cook at medium-high until desired cooking. Alternatively, if you want crispy bacon, cook, cool, then chop. When cooling add tomatoes, give a little stir, this will help get all the sticky bits from the pan as well as make the tomatoes extremely tasty.
- While the bacon is cooling, in a bowl, beat your eggs, for best result use a whisk, hand beater or a stand beater. Add milk and cream, and both seasonings and beat until all are combined.
- Add the bacon and tomatoes and mix (don't beat or tomatoes will be mushy) until combined. Spread evenly in pan, place cheese on top and slightly push down so it will sink down just under top layer, alternatively you can always add into mix prior. Sprinkle a little more paprika on and bake for roughly 20-30 mins or until desired cooking has occurred.
- Serve hot, I find adding a little hot sauce is just perfect.
Recipe Bacon and egg bake
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.