- Serves 20
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
These Bacon King Prawns are a super easy way to serve prawns that are sure to please guests.
Ingredients (serves 20)
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon horseradish (or more if you like more of a kick)
- 20 lextra arge prawns peeled and deveined
- 1 fresh basil leaf per prawn
- 8 thin-sliced bacon strips, cut in half or thirds, depending on length
- 1 wooden toothpick per prawn
- Preheat oven to 375. Combine the barbecue sauce with the horseradish in a small bowl.
- Wrap each prawn with a basil leaf and then a piece of bacon. Try not to overlap the bacon, as you want it to cook evenly. Use a toothpick to secure the bacon in place. Arrange prawns on a baking sheet.
- Place the prawns in the oven and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes, or until they are just turning pink on one side. Flip to other side. Make sure bacon is crispy
- Remove prawns from the oven and baste all sides with the barbecue-horseradish sauce. Place prawns back in the oven for about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Remove the prawns from the oven, baste one more time with the sauce, and serve hot with extra sauce on the side.