- Serves 4
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
This is a great breakfast/brunch recipe that is healthy, nutritionally balanced and is suitable for the whole family. It will keep you feeling full and energised all morning.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Spanish Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
- 2 Anchovies, chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Basil chopped
- 1 Small Red Chilli (optional)
- 1 Punnet Cherry Tomato, halved (used tinned if you like)
- 1 x 400g tin Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2-4 tbsp Parsley, chopped, for serving
- 4 Eggs
- In a medium sized frying pan heat the olive oil, onion and garlic, till golden brown. Approx. 5 minutes
- Mix through the anchovies, tomatoes and basil. Cook for 5-10 minutes on a low heat.
- Add the beans and season. Let the ingredients thicken slightly this will take 10 minutes
- Make 4 wells in the mixture and using the back of a spoon break the egg over the spoon, into each gap. Cook for 4-5 minutes with the lid on, keeping the yolk runny.
- Sprinkle with the parsley and serve in the frying pan on the table and spoon into individual bowls.