Great for freezing, makes an easy lunchbox snack for kids! Not too much sugar or fat.
Ingredients (makes 12 Muffins)
- 2 cups Plain Flour
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 cup Fresh Blueberries (can use frozen)
- 1 cup Low Fat Milk
- 1/3 cup Light Olive Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Lightly spray muffin pans.
- Place flour, oats, sugar and baking powder into a bowl and mix well.
- Place peeled and chopped banana and berries into a bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher. Add milk, oil, egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add banana mixture to the dry ingredients and mix gently until only just mixed. Spoon into muffin tins, top with reserved berries and bake for 15-20 min, until well risen and golden brown.
- Let cool in tin for 5 mins before turning out onto cooling rack.