- Makes 1
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
If you’re after a Banana Bread Thermomix recipe that is quick and simple, look no further.
We’ve been making this Banana Bread Thermomix recipe for years and it’s completely no fail. It’s also the perfect base to change up your Banana Bread depending on your mood.
Now whenever you have a few bananas that aren’t at their best, don’t throw them away. Instead make a loaf of this Banana Bread.
What do we love about this Banana Bread Thermomix Recipe?
- It’s tried and tested. We’ve been making this recipe for years and it’s foolproof.
- It’s versatile. Feel free to add a handful of walnuts to the mix or a sprinkle of shredded coconut on top.
- You can hide veges inside this Banana Bread! Finely grate a cup of zucchini or carrot and add it to the mix. No one will ever know.
- It freezes perfectly. Better yet, freeze individual slices and lunchboxes are taken care of in a flash.
- Everyone loves it! From toddlers to your Mum when she pops in for a coffee, this recipe is the bomb.
A few tips for making this Banana Bread Thermomix Recipe.
- Allow the butter to completely soften at room temperature – it will distribute more evenly
- Feel free to reduce the amount of sugar – this recipe is quite sweet so you can easily adjust with no effect on the texture
- Allow the loaf to cool in the tin for at least 15 – 20 minutes before turning out to maintain shape
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge and the loaf should last 4 – 5 days
- If you like your banana bread toasted, go for a thicker slice. Have some bamboo tongs on hand to help remove from the toaster.
When making banana bread, you really can use any type of banana. Cavendish, lady finger, red tipped or organic. We think the trick is allowing the bananas to become quite ripe but not too ripe. If you can smell the banana when held at arms length, we feel this is a little too far gone and the flavour changes. A good guide is if the banana gives easily when you press the tip in towards the banana.
If you don’t have time to make this Banana Bread Thermomix recipe on the day the bananas are at their prime, here’s a tip. Peel the bananas, break them into chunks and seal in a ziplock bag. Pop into the freezer. On the day you are ready to bake, bring the bananas out of the freezer 15 minutes before you need them and use in the same way as fresh bananas.
Is this the best Banana Bread Thermomix recipe?
Once you’ve tried this recipe, we’d love to hear your thoughts. Did it live up to your expectations? How did it compare to other recipes you’ve tried?
If you really enjoyed this recipe, hit the L❤VE button just under the recipe image. The more L❤VES, the more others will know it’s a recipe worth trying.
Ingredients (makes 1 25cm Loaf)
- 75g Salted butter (remember to soften at room temperature)
- 2 tbsps Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Fruity Taste
- 350g (3 - 4) Ripe bananas, broken into chunks
- 125g Caster Sugar (you can reduce this if you prefer less sweetness)
- 2 Eggs
- 220g Self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 100g Buttermilk (or use normal milk with a drop of lemon juice)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 180.C Grease a loaf tin (approx 25cm long) and line with baking paper.
- Place banana chunks into the bowl of your thermomix and mash for 5 SECS on SPEED 6.
- Add the butter, olive oil and sugar and mix for 20 SECS on SPEED 4. Scrape down the sides of the thermomix with a silicon spatula.
- Add the eggs and mix for 10 SECS on SPEED 4.
- Add the flour, bicarb soda, buttermilk and vanilla extract and mix for 20 SECS on SPEED 4.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and bake in the centre of the oven for 45 - 55 minutes or until a bamboo skewer inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow the loaf to cool in the tin for at least 20 minutes before turning out. Serve immediately or store in a sealed container in the fridge. If freezing whole or as individual slices, allow to cool completely before freezing.
We used Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Fruity Taste in this recipe and couldn't be more excited about the flavour this oil brings to the dish. Bertolli is the world’s no. 1 olive oil brand. Bertolli Organic is a range of extra virgin olive oils from organically grown olives. There are three flavour intensities so you can enjoy extra virgin with any dish; Gentile with a mellow, rounded flavour that goes well with white fish and other light flavours, Fruity with a fruity note that works well in dressings, marinades or for bread dipping and Robusto which pairs well with red meat or when roasting or BBQing. Bertolli Organic extra virgin olive oil contains just crushed olives, nothing else. Extra virgin olive oil is rich in antioxidants. The Bertolli Organic range carry the Australian Certified Organic logo. Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Fruity Taste is available at Woolworths and selected IGA stores nationally.