- Serves 8
- 60 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
Banana Caramel Cream Pie is such a treat for everyone! It’s a very sweet desert but absolutely delicious!
If you’re after a dessert that you know is going to be a total winner with everyone you serve it up to, look no further than this Banana Caramel Cream Pie.
We love that this recipe is also simple and fast to make. You could almost make this once you guests had arrived if you were really pushed for time.
Banana Caramel Cream Pie covers all bases – fruit, cream, a little crunch and smooth caramel so there’s no need to add anything else.
Our tip for this one – if you’re really rushed for time, serve this as a ‘deconstructed Banana Caramel Cream Pie’ – simply spoon a little of each ingredient onto a small dessert plate in a nice little arrangement (think MasterChef). Or what you could do is layer the ingredients the same as you would for a pie into small glasses to make individual parfait style desserts.
Our favourite Caramel for this recipe is Nestle Top n Fill – instant caramel that is thick and creamy but still able to be spread (just give it a little mix before you use it).
So so good! Thanks so much to the gorgeous Sarah for sharing her recipe with all of us.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 300ml Cream
- 1tbs Icing sugar
- few drops Vanilla essence
- 250g Pkt Arnotts plain sweet biscuits crushed
- 150g Butter melted
- 2 - 3 Bananas
- 395g Tin of caramel
- Mix together melted butter and biscuits and press into pie dish, Put in the fridge to set.
- When base is set slice banana's up and place neatly onto base, pour tin of caramel on top making sure it is coated evenly. Put back in fridge whilst preparing cream.
- Put Cream. icing sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl and whisk, beat until stiff. Top pie with whipped cream and flake is desired. Store in the fridge until serving and then, if there are any leftovers, keep covered in the fridge. Will last for a few days.
Paased down from the Chef at a popular restaurant