- Serves 12
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
A choc chip muffin that kids love, but packed full of energy to keep them going with bananas and weet-bix at school or afternoon activities.
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 3 bananas, large, ripe
- 4 Weet-Bix (or other wheat cereal biscuit)
- 3/4 cup low fat milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbspn margarine or softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour, sifted (could use wholemeal self raising if prefer)
- 1-2 tbspn Honey (depending on personal taste)
- 1 cup NESTLE BAKERS' CHOICE Choc Bits, Milk or Dark
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease 12 cup muffin tray.
- Mash bananas in a large bowl, crumble in the Weet-Bix and add the milk. Stir and allow to absorb and soften for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and margarine. Add to banana mixture.
- Sift flour over the wet mix and stir until just combined. Add 1-2 tablespoons of honey (according to personal taste) and 1 cup NESTLE BAKERS' CHOICE Choc Bits and stir through.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden on top, or skewer comes out clean.
Originally found this recipe online a few years ago, we felt it was sweet enough with the choc chips and banana, so replaced the sugar with 1 tablespoon of honey. We prefer to also use Wholemeal Self Raising Flour and Low Fat milk.