- Serves 20
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 14 Ingredients
A delicious Milo inspired slice that requires no cooking in the oven. Please note I have included TWO RECIPES here one contains eggs the other does not. The choice is all yours on which to prepare but both are YUMMY. Do hope you EnJoY!
Ingredients (serves 20)
- 1/2 cup Milo powder
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup (125ml) boiling water
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 250g marie biscuits
- SECOND VERSION: This recipe has NO EGGS:
- 200g Milo powder
- 200g butter
- 1/2 can condense milk
- 1 pk marie biscuits (broken into pieces)
Notes... Please note that I have included TWO RECIPES here..one with eggs and one without. Also please note that the recipe requires 3-5 hours refrigeration. Cheers cherz and go go go with Milo.
- Pour cacao, Milo and boiling water in a saucepan and stir. On low heat add butter, sugar, vanilla, eggs and condensed milk then stir until mixture thickens. It will take about 15 minutes of stirring to get a custard-like consistency.
- Break biscuits into quarters and stir into the custard mixture. (or if you would like the more traditional Batik design ..leave biscuits whole and lay across your tin.)
- Prepare a pan/tin, I use 15x15cm square tin. You can line the tin with baking paper for easy removal.
- Pour the mixture into the pan/tin and smooth out. Refrigerate for about 3-5 hours.
- Cut into slices and serve.
- Second version: This recipe has NO EGGS:
- Melt the butter on the stove. Once melted, add in condense milk.
- Add in marrie biscuit and milo in a large bowl. Pour in the butter and milk and stir until blended. Ensure that all the biscuits are covered in the chocolate paste.
- Put the mixture into a cake pan. Then press gently to ensure that all the biscuits stick to each other by using a spatula or spoon. Refrigerator it for 3-5 hours until the mixture hardens.
Recipe Batik Cake (Milo inspired)
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.