- Makes 8
- 60 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
Ingredients (makes 8 chicken breast halves)
- 8 Boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 Lemon
- 1 cup Fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves Crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 cup White wine vinegar
- Pinch Salt and pepper
- In a bowl combine the entire zest and juice of one large lemon.
- Add in the white wine vinegar and crushed garlic. Stack, roll and slice thin ribbons of basil and add that to the bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk while drizzling in the olive oil. Reserve a quarter cup of the marinade before tossing the chicken breasts in and turning to coat. Pop it into the fridge to marinate for 30-60 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium-medium/high heat. Grill the chicken for 4-6 minutes before turning and basting (the grilled side) with the reserved marinade. Continue to cook for 4-6 more minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove the chicken to a platter and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.