- Serves 4
- 3 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
Beef soup, a great winter treat
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 x bay leaf
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 x pepper, to taste
- 500g diced beef
- 1 ltr beef stock (I used Massel's gluten-free beef stock)
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 x potato, diced
- 1 tbsp nuttelex margarine (or regular butter, if you don't have allergies)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Dice the onion and place it in a soup pot with the nuttelex, oil and garlic. Brown the onion, then add and brown the beef.
- Pour in the stock, add the bay leaf, herbs and pepper and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 1.5 hours while covered, then add the vegetables and simmer for another hour, covered.
- Once meat is tender and vegetables are cooked through, serve.
This recipe is also available on my blog: ineedafeed.wordpress.com