- Serves 6
- 4 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
This slow cooked beef casserole is a hearty and healthy recipe that can be done before you go to work and be ready when you come home.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can 400g can diced tomatoes
- 3 tsp tomato paste
- 3 carrots (sliced)
- 5 small washed potatoes (cut into bite size pieces)
- 700g braising steak (diced)
- 1-2 sweet potatoes- bite size pieces (approx 300grams worth)
- 4 sausages sliced (optional)
- dash mixed herbs
- 1 clove garlic (diced/minced)
- dash salt and pepper
- Turn on slow cooker to low and add the 2 cups of vegetable stock. Add all bite size vegetables.
- Add diced steak, sausages, tomato paste and can of diced tomatoes. Stir well (it's ok if the sausages fall apart) add garlic, herbs, salt and pepper and stir again.
- Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high. There will be a lot of liquid; to thicken the sauce turn slow cooker on low and leave lid off for an hour - 2 hours depending on how thick you would like it to be.