- Serves 4
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
This is a much richer sauce than you would get from a jar, and it's so easy to put together.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500g beef stir fry strips
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter, softened
- 400ml coconut cream, warmed
- 1 x brown onion, diced
- 2 x carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 x red capsicum, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Thai red curry paste
- Whisk together the coconut cream peanut butter, Thai red curry paste and brown sugar and set aside.
- Pour the sesame oil and olive oil into a frypan/wok, and then add the garlic, meat strips and onion and stir fry until the meat is browned and cooked through.
- Add the vegetables, stir fry for another couple of minutes and then add the sauce.
- Stir through the sauce and then lower the temperature, allowing the mixture to simmer – mostly covered, until the carrot has softened.
- Serve over a bed of rice.
This recipe could also be done with chicken, and is available on my blog: ineedafeed.wordpress.com