This beef stew is perfect for a cold winter’s night and the meat will melt in your mouth!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 750g slow cook gravy beef, cut into 3cm chunks
- 1 large brown onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped coarsely
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cut into 3cm cubes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400 can crushed tomatoes
- 2cups beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 2tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2tbsp tomato paste
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1/4cup plain flour
- salt & pepper
- pouring cream
- Cut the beef and vegetables. Coat beef in seasoned flour (combine the flour with salt & pepper), shake off the excess.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil into the inner pot. Press SAUTE/SEAR HIGH TEMP button, set cooking time for 10min, and press START. Cook beef in batches until lightly browned. Remove from pot.
- Add remaining oil, press SAUTE/SEAR LOW TEMP button, set cooking time for 5min, and press START. Cook onion and garlic until onion has softened.
- Return the beef to the pot, add carrots, potatoes, canned tomato, bay leaves, stock and sauces.
- Seal lid, cook on MEAT/POULTRY in pressure cooking for 25 min, and press START.
- Discard bay leaves, season to taste. Serve with pouring cream.