A lovely, healthier cake with hidden veggies that your kids won’t even taste!
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 200g raw whole beetroots, peeled
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup raw cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tblsp coconut flour
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tblsp raw cacao or cocoa powder
- 2 tblsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Cut the beetroots into 6 pieces and place them into the food processor. Process the beetroots until finely chopped or you could use a grater to grate the beetroot.
- Add the coconut oil, honey & eggs. Pulse until combined. Add the cacao, baking powder & coconut flour. Pulse until well combined.
- Pour the mixture in the inner pot of your Philips All-In-One Cooker or alternatively you can bake in your over at 180 degrees for 25 minutes. Switch the Philips All-In-One Cooker on and use the BAKE function and cooking time for 45 minutes.
- Let the cake cool slightly then spread with the refined sugar free icing (recipe below) and then top with berries of your choice.
- To make the icing, cover the dates with hot water for 10 minutes to soften. Drain the water then place the dates into the food processor along with the cacao, coconut oil and vanilla. Process until you have an icing consistency, stopping the machine along the way and scraping down the sides. Use this to ice your beetroot cake.