- Serves 4
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
A Keralan style stir fry combining the goodness of beetroots and beet greens.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 medium sized beets with greens
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 stalks curry leaves
- 2 dry red chilli
- to season salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1-2 green chilli (depending on spice preference)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 garlic cloves
- Peel and grate the beets and finely chop the greens with the stalks.
- To make the coconut mix, coarsely grind grated coconut, cumin seeds, green chilli and garlic.
- In a pan, heat oil and crackle mustard seeds. Add curry leaves and dry red chilli.
- Add the beets and greens; stir fry on high heat for a minute.
- Then add the coconut spice mix, season with salt and continue to stir fry on high heat for another 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice or Indian flat breads.