- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
Very popular for school lunches, after school, with a cuppa… just about anytime
- 125g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg (room temp)
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2tbl pure icing sugar
- 1tsp baking powder
- chocolare buttons OR hundreds & thousands to decorate
- Set oven to 180deg c Line 2 trays with baking paper
- With an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and icing sugar until well blended (it will become pale in colour when ready).
- Add icing sugar and egg - mix until combined
- Sift flour and baking powder over mix. Add milk and stir until just combined
- Using your hands, roll mix into balls (we use a heaped teaspoon as a guide but have made much bigger ones). Place balls on prepared trays and squash with fork or fingers.
- Place chocolate button onto centre of biscuits – or if you prefer sprinkle hundreds & thousands over biscuits.
- Cook for 12 mins or until lightly golden
Variations: We omit the chocolate button /sprinkles and … 1. We have diced dried apricots and added these to the mix (yum) 2. We sometimes add 3tbl of crunchy peanut butter for something a bit different 3. Keep them plain and dust icing sugar over the top when serving