- Serves 8
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
This Black Forest Tim Tam Cake is a delicious dessert for those nights when you feel like something comforting and cosy.
Watch the MoM LIVE video below!
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 packet Black Forest Tim Tams
- 1 tin Pitted Cherries in Natural Juice
- 2 cups SR Flour
- 1 cup Caster Sugar
- 150g Butter, softened
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 170C (fan forced)/180C (non fan forced)
- Place the cherries and the juice into a small saucepan and add the brown sugar. Place on a low heat and allow to simmer while you prepare the rest of the ingredients, stirring occasionally.
- In a large mixing bowl (with an electric mixer or in a food processor) combine butter and sugar and whip until light yellow in colour and light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and the vanilla essence and mix on a medium speed for 1 minute.
- Change the mixer to low speed and add the milk and flour, mixing until just combined. Remember to scrape down the sides of the bowl at least once during mixing.
- Check that the liquid with the cherries is starting to thicken up into a syrup consistency. It may need an extra few minutes of simmering to reduce to a syrup.
- Lightly butter the edges of an ovenproof dish (round or square with a diameter of approx 25 - 30cm.
- Chop the Tim Tams into chunks.
- Once the cherry syrup is a little thick, spoon 3/4 of the cherries into the base of the dish.
- Sprinkle 3/4 of the Tim Tam chunks on top of the cherries.
- Pour or spoon the cake mixture on top of this.
- Poke the remaining Tim Tam chunks and cherries into the top of the cake mix and then drizzle the remaining cherry juice over the top.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with cream, ice cream or custard.
Recipe Black Forest Tim Tam Cake
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.