- Makes 12
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 14 Ingredients
These cupcakes are so decadent, and will be sure to impress!
Ingredients (makes 12 )
- 425g Canned pitted cherries in syrup
- 155g Butter, chopped coarsley
- 100g Dark semi sweet chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 1 3/4 cups Caster sugar
- 1/4 cup Cherry brandy
- 1 cup Plain flour
- 2 TBS SR flour
- 2 TBS Cocoa powder
- 1 Egg
- FOR THE DECORATION
- 300ml Heavy cream
- 2 tsp Cherry brandy
- Grated chocolate
- 12 Pitted cherries, drained
- Pre heat oven to 170 degrees, and line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases
- Drain the cherries (reserve the syrup). Process ½ cup cherries with ½ cup syrup until smooth.
- Combine butter, chocolate, sugar, brandy and cherry puree in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat until chocolate is melted.
- Transfer mix to a medium size bowl, and cool for 15 minutes
- Whisk sifted flours and cocoa into the chocolate mixture, and then the egg. Divide mixture between the 12 paper cases, making sure to smooth the surfaces of each cake.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
- Once done, stand cakes in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to finish cooling
- To make the topping, combine cream and cherry brandy. Whip until thick. Pipe onto each cake, grate some chocolate over the cream and finish with a cherry on top