- Serves 4
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 10 Ingredients
This boysenberry lava cake is sure to be a hit at any dinner party!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 100 grams Dark Chocolate
- 1/4 Cup Plain Flour, Sifted
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Caster Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Anathoth Farm Boysenberry Jam
- 100 grams Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Olive Oil Spray
- 4 Tbsp Clotted Cream (Optional)
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder (Optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 170c fan forced. In a small pot over low heat melt the butter and chocolate. Stir until thoroughly melted and well combined. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- In mixing bowl beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla till thick and glossy. Add the chocolate and butter to the egg mix. Then add the jam and flour. Gently mix until well combined.
- Grease 4 oven proof ramekins with the spray oil. Add ¾ cup of mixture into each ramekin.
- Bake for 12 mins or until there is a crust on the top but a slight wobble in the centre. Take out of oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Simply remove the cake by inverting the ramekin on to the serving dish. Serve immediately with clotted cream and a generous sifting of cocoa powder.
Be sure to work quickly when adding the chocolate to the egg mixture or else it may separate the mix. Sifting the flour is a must otherwise you will not achieve the soft lava effect.