This Blow Torch Salmon recipe is so light and yet so flavoursome! Since discovering how much flavour our blow torch adds to this recipe, we use it all the time.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 fillets Atlantic Salmon, skin on and bones removed
- 2 tbsp Fresh Ginger, finely grated
- 1/2 Red Onion, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Ponzu Sauce or Sashimi Soy Sauce
- Drizzle Kewpie Mayonnaise
- Heat a non-stick frypan over a high heat and add olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, place the salmon fillets skin down into the pan. Allow to sizzle for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce or ponzu sauce then sprinkle over the onion and ginger. Allow to cook for another 2 - 3 minutes with a lid on the frypan.
- When you can see that the salmon is cooked from the bottom to your liking, blast the top of the salmon with your blow torch. Being very careful to direct the flame onto the salmon and avoid anything around the frypan. Continue until the top of the salmon is nicely charred and a little cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and drizzle with Kewpie Mayonnaise.
- Serve with rice and japanese green vegetables or even just a salad.