- Serves 8
- 3 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 6 Ingredients
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 3.5 cups Plain flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 t instant yeast
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup frozen blueberry
- 1t salt
- In a small pot, boil water and blueberry. Cool slightly until they are warm. Not chilled.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Pour in the blueberry liquid mix and knead to dough. Your dough will look purple. Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl.
- Let stand for one hour so the dough rise to double its size.
- Divide dough into 8 portions and make it into bagel shape. Arrange them on a baking tray and put in fridge until you are ready to boil them.
- Prepare boiling water big in a large pot and boil the bagels for 2 minutes on each sides. The longer you boil them the chewer.
- Put the boiled bagels back to the baking sheet and bake for 25 mintues on 220C degree.
- Once it is done, let cool. It will get chewer. If you prefer softer bagels, boil them for only one minute on each side before baking.
Do not skip the boiling part. Your bagel will end up non chewy :( I know this sounds like a lot of work but trust me, it is worth the effort!