- Makes 12
- 10 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
A delicious easy snack to whip up! The kids will love these blueberry and vanilla pikelets!
Ingredients (makes 12 Pikelets)
- 1 punnet fresh blueberries (frozen blueberries can also be used)
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon bi-carb soda
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 egg
- 1/3 teaspoon vinegar (brown or white can be used)
- 2/3 cup full cream milk
- 50g butter
- Icing sugar to serve
- Golden syrup to serve
- Sift flour and bi-carb into large bowl. Add sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, vanilla and vinegar.
- combine the wet and dry ingredients. While whisking, gradually add the milk mix to the flour and stir until it just comes together.
- Heat a large non stick pan on a medium heat and add a small amount of butter so it melts and covers the pan.
- Using a large dessert spoon, add the pikelet mix to the pan. Top with 3 blueberries and cook the pikelets until you can see bubbles appear and then flip and cook on the other side for 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a plate and continue to cook pikelets adding more butter to the pan as you go.
- To serve, stack the pikelets and sprinkle over the icing sugar and fresh blueberries. Drizzle over golden syrup.