- Serves 6
- 10 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 5 Ingredients
This recipe is great hot or cold and is really versatile. Serve as a side or as a meal in itself (just add some cheese or protein). Even the kids can make this Broccoli & Quinoa ‘Rice’. Such a great option if you’re trying to reduce carbs.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2-3 cups Broccoli (cut into florets including stems)
- 1 cup Cooked Quinoa
- 1tbsp White, Black or Red Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp Linseeds
- 2 tbsp Toasted Almonds (optional & not included in this recipe)
Notes... I'm trying to include a lot more broccoli in our diet at the moment as I read it is a good skin food. Instead of just the usual in stir fry or plain steamed, I tried this tonight. I've made cauliflower rice before but this BROCCOLI rice was far more popular with everyone.
- Lightly steam the broccoli florets (you don't want it too mushy - leave it with a little crunch), spread out onto paper towel to cool down and lightly pat to dry out.
- Divide the broccoli into 2 or 3 batches and blitz in your food processor until it resembles rough breadcrumbs (watch closely as it happens really, really fast - literally seconds - and if you go too far, you end up with mush).
- Combine the broccoli and all other ingredients and lightly toss. You can season however you like - a drizzle of olive oil, salt & pepper, some paprika or add some toasted coconut.
Recipe Broccoli and Quinoa ‘Rice’
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.