This Brown Rice Crusted Quiche Recipe is a delicious and much healthier alternative to pastry. The brown rice crust not only gives the whole quiche a lovely flavour but adds great texture and crunch on the crispy grains of rice!
Ingredients (makes 1 Large quiche)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Low fat milk
- 2 cups Broccoli, cut into small pieces, and cooked until still tender ( 3 mins in microwave )
- 1/2 cup Grated cheese
- 2 Spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 Pieces Short cut bacon, diced
- 1 small can Corn kernels
- Salt & pepper
- 2 cups Cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup Grated cheese
- 2 Eggs
- (For the crust) Pre heat oven to 190-200 degrees, then In a medium bowl, mix the rice, eggs and cheese together.
- Transfer to a lightly oiled (spray oil is fine) quiche dish, and press mixture firmly into the base and bottom of the sides.
- Put into oven and bake for 5-10 minutes (until base is no longer wet, and it has firmed to the touch )
- (Quiche Filling) Turn oven down to 180 degrees. In a bowl, mix the lightly beaten eggs, milk, broccoli, cheese, corn, bacon, onion and salt and pepper together.
- Pour the mixture into the quiche dish. Bake for 35-45 minutes until golden brown and set in the centre.