A great healthy brown rice and quinoa patties recipe from Michele Wolff, leading nutritionalist, naturopath and nurse. Have it for lunch dinner or a party snack, this tasty meal will leave you feeling good from the inside out.
- Brown rice, cooked with salt, oil and turmeric
- Quinoa cooked with turmeric (cook like rice)
- Pumpkin, preferably roasted (or oven baked or cooked) as a binder
- Sunflower seeds, dry toasted on a pan
- Fresh parsley, chopped finely
- Cinnamon, ground
- Nutmeg, ground
- Salt, pepper, chilli powder
- Polenta for coating
- Oil for frying
- Combine the ingredients in a large bowl and form patties.
- Soft pumpkin together with soft warm rice will bind the patties nicely.
- Season to your own preference.
- Coat in polenta and shallow fry.
- Serve with salad greens.
- Rice crumbs with chickpea flour can be used instead of polenta.
- When cooking rice, add an extra bit of water so rice is not fluffy but soft and sticky. Rinse rice before cooking but do not soak as soaking helps fluffiness, which we want to avoid here.
- If you have stock, use stock instead of water for cooking rice and quinoa.
Michèle Wolff is a leading health practitioner and a qualified naturopath, nutritionist, herbalist and nurse. Her new book ‘Digestive Solutions – 101 Proven Methods to Solve Your Tummy Problems Naturally’ is available from bookstores and good online booksellers.