Try this ‘Symple Brownies’ brownie recipe from the ‘Symply Too Good To Be True‘ book 7.
Makes = 16 squares
- 4 egg whites
- ⅓ cup skim milk
- 4 tablespoons (60g) Flora® Light margarine melted
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 cup gluten-free icing sugar
- 1 cup hazelnut meal
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven 180ºC fan forced.
- In a medium size mixing bowl beat egg whites for 2 minutes using an electric beater.
- Add milk to melted margarine then pour into bowl.
- Add cocoa and beat on low speed until combined.
- Sift icing sugar into mix then fold in hazelnut meal and walnuts with a wooden spoon. Coat a square cake tin (about 19.5cm) with cooking spray then pour mixture evenly into tin. Bake 40-45 minutes or until firm to touch in centre. Leave in tin for 5 minutes. Carefully turn out onto a wire rack, then turn over onto another wire rack right side up. Once cooled slide onto a flat surface and cut into 16 squares.
*Suitable to be frozen.
DIETITIAN’S TIP: Several population studies have shown that people who regularly consume nuts are less likely to suffer from coronary heart disease, because nuts are high in HDL “good” cholesterol and omega-3 fatty acids.
|KILOJOULES||473 (cals 113)|