- Makes 20
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
This is a favourite in our house. And when the children have party days at school all the kids ask for their Mum’s Brownies. We have now started giving them in a jar as a present. Perfect to have on the shelf for that day you need a sweet treat.
Ingredients (makes 20 slices)
- 1 1/3 Cups Sifted Plain Flour
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Sifted CoCo Powder or CoCoa (for Less Sugar)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 4 Eggs slightly beaten
- 250g Melted Butter
- Sift Ingredients.
- Arrange in a Mason Jar in layer to create coloured pattern.
- Pre Heat oven at 170C. Line a square or rectangle baking tin.
- When Time to Bake: Pour jar into a large mixing bowl and add wet ingredients.
- Mix until combined
- Pour into lined tin and bake for 30-50 minutes depending on oven and how gooey you love your Brownies.
- Leave to cool for 3-5 minutes in pan before turning out (right side up). Cut to desired Size.
My oven only takes 30 minutes, but when my sister cooks this same recipe she bakes for almost an hour. I suggest to check at the 30 minute mark and then bake to desired firmness. If you bake too long it will just be a chocolate cake.