- Serves 10
- Makes 10
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
These little Burrito Breakfast Baskets are brilliant when you have a crowd for breakfast – or you want to make up a batch and head outdoors to eat. No cutlery required, no plates – just grab a basket and go!
Ingredients (serves 10 | makes 10 burrito baskets)
- 10 Mini Burritos or tortillas
- 10 Eggs (small to medium size)
- 10 Slices of shortcut bacon (rind removed)
- 1 Avocado (large) diced
- 1 Tomato (large) diced
- 1/2 Red Onion (small) finely diced
- 2 tbsp Kidney Beans or Black Beans (optional)
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1/4 cup Parsley (or Coriander) roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Paprika or Cayenne Pepper (both are optional and depend on how hot you like it)
- Heat the mini burritos in the microwave per the instructions on the packet. This will make them more pliable and not break
- Place the mini burrito into the cup of a muffin tray and gently fold the edges so that you create a cup/basket shape.
- Take one piece of raw bacon (about 12 - 15cm long) and lay it inside each basket.
- Crack 1 egg into each burrito basket
- Sprinkle with a tiny amount of paprika or cayenne pepper and place on the middle tray of your oven preheated to 175 degrees celcius (fan forced) or 185 degrees celcius (not fan forced)
- Cook the baskets until the eggs are to your liking (about 8 minutes for soft centres and about 12 minutes for hard yolks) but test to be sure remembering they will continue to cook for a couple of minutes after you remove them from the oven.
- While your burrito Baskets are cooking, dice up all other ingredients, squeeze with lemon juice, add a dash of paperike or chilli and set aside in a bowl.
- Serve hot or cold, on their own or as an addition to breakfast and if you like a little more heat, add some jalapenos or a splash or hot sauce!
If you wanted to bulk these up a little more, you could add cheese before you bake them. Yum!