- Serves 5
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
So simple to make and the kids love it!
Ingredients (serves 5)
- 45g Butter
- 5ml Oil
- 1 Onion - diced + 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 tspn each Ground Ginger / Turmeric / Cinnamon / Salt / Chilli (adjust for desired heat)
- 800g Diced Chicken thighs
- 2 Tbspn Tomato Paste
- 1 & 1/2 cups Cream
- 1/2 tspn Garam Masala
- Rice and Papadams to serve
- Melt butter and oil and heat for frying
- Add diced onion and crushed garlic to pan and sauté until onion is clear
- Combine ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, salt and chosen amount of chilli. Add diced chicken and toss to coat well. This step can be done beforehand and chicken frozen in this state until ready to be used.
- Add chicken to the pan until browned.
- Add tomato paste, cream and garam masala and combine well. Allow to simmer for 5-10mins until cooked through (too much longer and the chicken will toughen.
- Serve Butter Chicken on rice with papadums
My 3 young boys beg for this dinner every week. They love the creamy sauce and the fun of dipping papadums into it. I usually only add a touch of chilli for them - a great way to start introducing spices into their diet.