This butter chicken is easy to make and delicious!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2 Chicken Breast pieces cut into 1cm cubes
- 400g Lentils - I used a can
- 400g Chick Peas - I used a can
- 2 Onions diced
- 400g Crushed Tomato
- 150ml Cream
- 2 Tbsp Tandoori Paste
- 1 Sweet Potato - diced 1cm cube pieces
- 1 cup Vegetable/Chicken Stock
- 2 cups Cooked Rice
- Heat a wok over medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until opaque and soft. Increase heat to medium-high. Add the chicken pieces and cook, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes or until light golden.
- Add the tandoori paste. Cook, stirring for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the tomatoes, chick peas, sweet potatoes, stock and lentils and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until the lentils are soft and the sauce thickens. Stir in the cream and cook for 1 minute or until heated through.
- Serve with the cooked rice and serve with pappadams.