Meat free dinner. Easy and mild curry for curry lovers.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 Cup Tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- 1 Cup Red Onion (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 10 nos Cashewnut
- 200 gm Paneer cubed (Indian cottage cheese)
- 2 Garlic clove
- 1 1/2 tsp Ginger paste
- 3 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 cup Cooking cream
- In a blender jar, add tomato, onion, cashews, ketchup, yogurt, garlic and ginger paste with 1/2 cup water. Blend until smooth.
- Heat up a frying pan on medium flame. Add butter and as it melts add the prepared mixture. Mix well. Then add red chilli powder, turmeric and garam masala.
- Cover fry pan with a lid and let it cook for 10 minutes on medium slow flame.
- Take care when opening lid to check as this curry splutters. Give it a mix after 10 minutes. Then add paneer, salt and sugar.
- Cover and let it cook for 10 minutes. If curry is sticking at bottom add 1/4 cup water.
- Add cream. Let curry bubble for 5 minutes. Adjust consistency with water. Take it off the flame.
- Serve with Rice or Naan.
Ingredients does look a lot but assembling is easy. Chilli and garam masala quantity can be more or less depending your preference for spicy food. All this ingredients are easily available in local supermarket.