- Serves 6
- 110 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 15 Ingredients
This recipe is proudly brought to you by Ingham’s Chicken; partnering with Mouths of Mums to bring you the most family friendly chicken and turkey recipes! Share the Love … cook your family an Ingham’s Chicken dinner tonight.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1.8kg Ingham's Chicken
- Pinch Sea Salt Flakes & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 125g Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 500ml Chicken Stock
- 1 medium Potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups Frozen Peas
- 2 tbsp Cream
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 bunch Parsley Leaves
- 3 bunches Asparagus, trimmed
- 2 cups Watercress Sprigs
- 2 tbsp Pistachios, chopped
- 1 tbsp Micro Herbs and Pink Peppercorns (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 180C. Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper, then use fingers to create a pocket under the breast skin and insert 2 Tbsp butter. Rub the chicken with extra virgin olive oil, then bake for 1½ hours, until juices run clear when pierced at the breast.
- Combine the chicken stock and potato in a medium saucepan and set over a moderate heat. Simmer for 20 minutes, until the potato is tender, then add the peas and cook for 3 more minutes. Transfer to a blender with the cream, garlic, cumin and parsley, then purée until smooth. Season with salt.
- Blanch the asparagus spears in boiling water for 1 minute. Carve the chicken. Pour pea purée onto plates, then top with the asparagus, watercress, chicken and pistachios
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.