- Serves 6
- 110 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 15 Ingredients
This recipe is proudly brought to you by Ingham’s Chicken; partnering with Mouths of Mums to bring you the most family friendly chicken and turkey recipes! Share the Love … cook your family an Ingham’s Chicken dinner tonight.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1.8kg Ingham's Chicken
- Pinch Sea Salt Flakes & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 125g Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 500ml Chicken Stock
- 1 medium Potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups Frozen Peas
- 2 tbsp Cream
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 bunch Parsley Leaves
- 3 bunches Asparagus, trimmed
- 2 cups Watercress Sprigs
- 2 tbsp Pistachios, chopped
- 1 tbsp Micro Herbs and Pink Peppercorns (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 180C. Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper, then use fingers to create a pocket under the breast skin and insert 2 Tbsp butter. Rub the chicken with extra virgin olive oil, then bake for 1½ hours, until juices run clear when pierced at the breast.
- Combine the chicken stock and potato in a medium saucepan and set over a moderate heat. Simmer for 20 minutes, until the potato is tender, then add the peas and cook for 3 more minutes. Transfer to a blender with the cream, garlic, cumin and parsley, then purée until smooth. Season with salt.
- Blanch the asparagus spears in boiling water for 1 minute. Carve the chicken. Pour pea purée onto plates, then top with the asparagus, watercress, chicken and pistachios