- Serves 12
- 1.5 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 9 Ingredients
Effective and easy birthday cake.
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 125 grams butter, soft
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups self raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 250 grams cream
- 2-4 tablespoons strawberry jam
- icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease a round baking tin (around 8 inches).
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add one egg and mix well, then add the vanilla and the second egg.
- Using a wooden spoon, fold in parts of the flour and then parts of the milk until all added (so add flour, mix, then add some milk, mix etc).
- Pour into the baking tin and bake for around 45 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Using a sharp knife cut a dome out of the centre of the cake and remove. Cut the dome in half (this will be the butterfly wings).
- Fill the centre of the cake with jam. Whip the cream and then add into the centre of the cake.
- Place the wings on top and dust with icing sugar.
You could further decorate this cake using icing and lollies depending on the age of the person.