- Makes 12
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
Ingredients (makes 12 cupcakes)
- 125g butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 Cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 12 x 1/2 cup muffin pans with paper cases.
- Using electric beaters, cream butter and sugar until light and creamy. Gradually add egg, beating well between each addition. Add flour alternately with milk and vanilla. Divide evenly between patty cases. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Leave to cool.
- Cut a circle from the top of each cake, then cut the circle in half. Beat cream in a small bowl until thick.
- Put a teaspoon of jam into the top of each cake and top with a dollop of cream. Press two of the half circles onto each cake. Dust with icing sugar to serve.