- Serves 4
- Makes 20
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
A Sunday morning favourite in every house. These pancakes are so light and fluffy and can be made to any size.
Need to get the maple syrup stains off your kids’ clothes? Apply to Review VANISH GOLD and all those stains will vanish in seconds!
Ingredients (serves 4 | makes 20 pancakes)
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- 1 cup Self Raising Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 cup Full Cream Milk
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar
Notes... This pancake recipes is also great as a fritter base - add mashed banana, shallow fry instead of using butter and then toss in cinnamon and caster sugar as soon as they are cooked. Serve these with icecream!
- Sift flours, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Place the eggs, sugar and full cream milk into a large bowl and beat lightly with an electric mixer on low speed.
- Spoon by spoon add the dry ingredients to the milk and egg mixture mixing gently. Continue until all dry ingredients have been added.
- Stir through the buttermilk and then set aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat an electric frypan to a medium heat. Use a 1/2 teaspoon of butter to grease the pan for each batch. Spoon a tablespoon of pancake mix into each corner of the frypan and allow to sit until large bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake. Flip the pancake and then allow it to cook through. Sprinkle pancakes with icing sugar to serve ... or drizzle with honey or maple syrup!
Recipe Buttermilk Pancakes
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.