- Serves 4
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 4 Ingredients
This Cajun Pork Fillet Recipe is awesome for BBQs or very easy for a mid week dinner when you have no time to marinade or slow cook.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500g Pork Fillet
- 1 Red Capsicum
- 1 Yellow (or Green) Capsicum
- 3 tbsp Cajun Spices (or Smoked Paprika)
- Remove the pork fillet from the pack and pat dry with paper towel.
- Rub the cajun spices or paprika over the outside of the pork fillet ensuring a nice even coating all over. You can add a tablespoon of olive oil at this stage if you'd like. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Remove seeds from both capsicums an slice into long strips approx 1cm thick.
- Heat a non-stick frypan to high and place the pork fillet into the pan. About 3 minutes later add the capsicum strips and allow them to caramelise a little on one side. Rotate the pork fillet to brown on all sides and toss the capsicum slices gently.
- Reduce the heat to a low-med heat and cover the frypan with a lid that seals. Cook for a further 8 - 10 minutes (or until the juices from the pork fillet run clear).
- Serve on a bed of rice, cous cous or you could also try quinoa.