A lovely crisp cappuccino flavoured biscotti.
Ingredients (makes 24 )
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup espresso coffee
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line some baking tray with baking paper.
- In a small bowl whisk together the espresso, egg, milk and vanilla.
- Mix the flour, sugar, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon until combined.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and gradually beat in the espresso mixture. Add the chocolate chips about half way through.
- One the dough is formed divide into two. On a floured surface roll the two parts out into logs which are 25cm long and 5cm wide.
- Put the logs on the baking tray leaving around 8cm between then as they will spread during baking.
- Bake for around 35 minutes until firm. Remove and cool on wire racks for around 10 minutes.
- Cut the logs diagonally into 2cm slices.
- Place the slices on the baking tray and bake at 150 degrees for around 5 minutes, turn and bake for another 5 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
A little fidgety with the double baking but well worth it.